Graduate School Loans
Undergraduate Student Loans
Our unique line of credit helps you fill the funding gaps when scholarships, grants, and federal loans aren't enough.
And, with multi-year approval
, there's no need to reapply every year!*
Benefits of our Flexible Line of Credit
- Zero origination or prepayment fees
- Lower interest rates
- Simple one-time online application
- Deferment of principal and interest while in school
- Flexible repayment terms including graduated repayment for two years
- Convenient line of credit structure that lets you apply once and secure financing for your entire college career* (*Subject to qualification and annual credit review.)
Our college counselor can provide 1:1 support for your college funding questions.
* All lines of credit subject to credit qualification and annual review. Must meet school's Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) requirements. Approved schools subject to change without notice.
** The APR will not fall below the floor rate regardless of the index or any additional rate discount.
College Search Resources:
Free College Counselor Services
Questions about undergraduate student aid, loans, scholarships and finance options? Need help completing your FAFSA? Unsure of how to interpret your award letter? Overwhelmed by the lingo of the financial aid world?
We can help! Our College Counselor provides personal, one-on-one consultation for all your financial aid questions. Whether you’re a parent, high school student, or college graduate entering loan repayment, our counselor can walk you through the necessary steps to make smart decisions about paying for college – and beyond.
Schedule a free consultation with our Student Choice College Access Counselor today!
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Federal & Private Student Loans
- Financial Aid Process
- Various types of Aid
- Student Loan Repayment
- Student Loan Refinance
Graduate Student Loans
A credit union Graduate Student Loan is an unsecured loan, which means it is not guaranteed by the federal government. Graduate Student Loan proceeds are used to pay college tuition expenses for graduate studies.
Unlike other student loans, qualification is not based on "need" and members can borrow up to the full cost of attendance per semester less any financial aid. Amounts must be supported by a detailed tuition bill provided by the school.
A tuition bill is required at the time an advance is made and the proceeds are paid directly to the school.
A member’s total credit union student loan debt cannot exceed the maximum limit of $50,000.00. Maximum aggregate amount per student is $50,000.00. Maximum per Academic Year is calculated based on the cost of attendance as detailed on the tuition statement less any other financial aid.
At the time of each advance, a payment will be calculated based on a full amortization over an approximate term of 120 months. The minimum payment will be $50.00.
- The school must qualify as an eligible institution under Title IV of the US Dept of Education, Higher Education Act of 1965, as amended.
- Must have verification of school and a tuition bill.
- Borrowers and any co-borrower and/or co-signer - must meet our current credit criteria.
Checks are only disbursed directly to the schools.
Credit Disability Loan Payment Protection
Ease financial concerns should an unexpected financial challenge occur.
- Protection - Credit Disability or Loan protection helps insure that your loan will not end up in default if you die, or become disabled and are unable to work.
- Convenience – Apply for this insurance when you apply for your loan and you can include this monthly premium with your monthly loan payment.
- Support - Employer provided disability may not be enough protection. Bills could begin to pile up as you try to regain your health and your earning capacity.
Payment Protection comes with a 30 day no obligation policy. Talk with a WCTFCU Loan Officer for details.