When a role at WCTFCU becomes available, it is posted here, with directions for application.
Marketing Assistant, Part Time - Waterbury Region
Membership Development, field marketing - outside sales role.
Up to 20-hrs/week, hourly + commission.
Seeking a poised, well-spoken, organized, customer-centric, pro-active, self-driven professional with excellent communication skills.
The Marketing Assistant represents the Waterbury CT Teachers Federal Credit Union within the 80+ schools throughout the Waterbury region; educating Members & potential Members re: the value of WCTFCU membership, our financial products & services, and opening new accounts.
Based in the Middlebury branch. Reports to Vice President, Marketing.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Ability to quickly develop solid understanding of our financial products, offerings & value proposition.
- Ability to clearly and honestly convey information about our financial products & services with an educational tone, rather than a sales tone.
- Schedule & complete 3-5 School visits per week. Required early morning in-school meetings (before classes start) & lunch time.
- Increase new memberships, & products among eligible school employees & members.
- Educate & cross-sell existing Members re: our financial products & services.
- Cultivate & own relationship with WCTFCU contact at each school. Maintain & grow positive relationships.
- Host in-school, early-morning & lunch-time meetings to educate school employees re: features & benefits of WCTFCU Membership, introduce our portfolio of financial products & services, sign up new members, answer product questions & cross-sell to existing members.
- Participate in August Teacher/Staff Orientation meetings, and teachers' groups events.
- Contribute to success of WCTFCU events & Marketing Dept. efforts.
- Maintain & submit accurate reports (excel & word docs) prior to deadline.
- Other marketing duties, including events, managing marketing materials, etc.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skill. Poise & professionalism. Good listening skills.
- Accuracy in reporting: data, numbers, sales, incentives, products, hours, etc.
- Positive high-energy friendly attitude, team-player, pitch-in mentality.
- Able to lift, carry, set-up/pack-up and put away: marketing materials, banners, event tools to/in/out of schools & event spaces (includes stairs in older school buildings that lack elevators)
- Microsoft Word, Excel & Powerpoint. Outlook calendar & email. Ability to learn & use other office systems & data base software.
- Valid Driver's License w/clean record & Auto Insurance
- Available to work early mornings through mid-day
- Must pass background check
- Banking/Finance, and/or Sales / Marketing experience helpful
- Fluent in English. Authorized to work in the United States for any employer
Email your resume and cover letter to HR@wctfcu.com (no calls please), with the subject line: Marketing Assistant Applicant