Helpful Resources for Members
Workshops, 1-on-1 Consultations, Articles, Videos & more...
Knowledge is Power.
Some Members will receive a pension upon retirement. Others will self-fund their retirement through 401k's, IRAs, Social Security, etc.
But, all Members can benefit
from the various resources below including:
+ Workshop: Pre-Retirement Planning for Teachers & Administrators
with Egidio Assante Wealth Management LLC for a free consultation
Online Learning - videos, tools, etc. Quick-learn from the Retirement 101
, When to Collect Social Security
and other content. You will find the Money-Wise!
Owl throughout this website. Click on the Money-Wise!
button each time to find topically relevant videos, tools and resources.
Workshop: Pre-Retirement Planning for Teachers & Administrators
WCTFCU Member Testimonials
• "Excellent workshop - Would absolutely recommend this program to a friend."
• “Great, informative workshop - Thanks!"
• “Even though I have at least 9 years until retirement, there were a few things I learned that I need to take care of now! The workshop was extremely helpful."
• "Thanks for answering all questions especially individual ones!”
• "I’m so happy we went to this!"
When: April 25, 2020
Where: Post University, MacDermid Hall rm 116, Country Club Road, Middlebury
Teachers, Administrators and their spouses/partners are encouraged to attend our free, Pre-Retirement Planning Workshop presented by Egidio Assante Wealth Management, LLC, CT’s Trusted Speakers on Teachers’ Retirement. Egidio Assante is among CT’s most knowledgeable speakers on the topic of CT Teachers’ Retirement.
Our Members’ unique interests, concerns and pre-retirem
ent planning questions will be addressed. Participants will be able to ask questions of our presenter throughout the workshop. This educational workshop is presented exclusively for our Members. This is NOT a sales pitch
You must register to attend.
Workshop Topics Include:
Register in advance
- When is the best time to retire to maximize my retirement benefits?
- Will I be able to maintain my current lifestyle throughout my retirement?
- What are the early incentive programs offered throughout the state?
- Understanding the funding of the State of CT Teachers' Retirement Pension.
- Pros & cons of contributions to a Voluntary Account. Should I take it in an annuity or in a lump sum?
- Should I retire under Plan N, C, or D? How do I evaluate each plan?
- What is and what should I do with my Supplemental 1% Account?
- Shall I purchase additional services? What will it cost? What are the current rules governing such a purchase?
- What is COLA? How is COLA calculated? Can an early retirement affect my COLA?
- Understanding the difference between a 403(b), TSA and 457.
- Will I be entitled to receive Social Security? How will my pension affect this benefit?
- What are the best health insurance options available for me and my family upon retirement? Can I afford them?
- Am I eligible to be covered under Medicare? What are my options through my Board of Education if I am not covered under Medicare?
- What are the risks to investing in bonds?
There are three ways to register for this free workshop: You can call 877.567-0290, email Joanne Daley
, or visit their website @ eawm20.com
. Materials may prepared for you to use during the workshop.
Financial Planning - consultation
Offered to WCTFCU members through Egidio Assante Wealth Management LLC, 20 Realty Drive, Cheshire, CT.06416 .
Mark Egidio &/or his associates will discuss your personal goals and help you plan for a secure financial future. Call today for a free, no obligation personal consultation. Egidio Assante associates are available to meet with WCTFCU Members at the Cheshire office, and at a WCTFCU branch.
- Egidio Assante LLC website
- 203.758.9500 x251
- 800.992.2226 x251
- 203.439.0732 x231
- 877.567.0290 ONLY for Workshop Registration
Mark Egidio and the financial advisers of Egidio Assante Wealth Management, LLC offer securities and advisory services through Commonwealth Financial Network®, member FINRA/SIPC, a Registered Investment Adviser. Investments are not insured by the NCUA and are not deposits or other obligations of, or guaranteed by, any depository institution. Funds are subject to investment risks, including possible loss of principal investment. Waterbury CT Federal Credit Union is not a registered broker-dealer or Registered Investment Adviser. WCTFCU and Commonwealth are separate and unaffiliated entities.