Save the Dates!
Pre-Retirement Workshop for Teachers & Administrators
- Saturday, September 23, 9am - noon, Middlebury
- Saturday, November 4, 9am - noon, Middlebury
Back by popular demand!
52 Members attended this free workshop when we held it in the Spring!
Our September 23rd & November 4th events are limited to 20 Members. This will allow participants to ask more questions and have a more conversational experience with Mark throughout the workshop.
You must register to attend.
Teachers, Administrators and their spouses/partners are encouraged to attend our free, Pre-Retirement workshop. Presented by WCTFCU’s Retirement Expert, Mark Egidio of Egidio Assante Wealth Management, LLC, among CT’s most knowledgeable speakers on the topic of CT Teachers’ Retirement.
Mark will address our Members’ unique interests, concerns and pre-retirem
ent planning questions. This educational workshop is presented in our Middlebury branch, exclusively for our Members; this is NOT a sales pitch. Registration is necessary to attend.
Workshop Topics Include:
Register in advance
- When is the best time to retire to maximize my retirement benefits?
- Will I be able to maintain my current lifestyle throughout my retirement?
- What are the early incentive programs offered throughout the state?
- Understanding the funding of the State of CT Teachers' Retirement Pension.
- Pros & cons of contributions to a Voluntary Account. Should I take it in an annuity or in a lump sum?
- Should I retire under Plan N, C, or D? How do I evaluate each plan?
- What is and what should I do with my Supplemental 1% Account?
- Shall I purchase additional services? What will it cost? What are the current rules governing such a purchase?
- What is COLA? How is COLA calculated? Can an early retirement affect my COLA?
- Understanding the difference between a 403(b), TSA and 457.
- Will I be entitled to receive Social Security? How will my pension affect this benefit?
- What are the best health insurance options available for me and my family upon retirement? Can I afford them?
- Am I eligible to be covered under Medicare? What are my options through my Board of Education if I am not covered under Medicare?
- What are the risks to investing in bonds?
so that Mark's associates may prepare materials for you to use during the workshop. Three ways to register for this free workshop: Either call 877.567-0290, click here
to email Joanne Daley
or visit the website @ eawm20.com
Securities and Advisory Services offered through Commonwealth Financial Network, Member FINRA/SIPC, a Registered Investment Advisor.