Sent via email 06.04.20
Moving Forward Together, a WCTFCU Update.
As the State of Connecticut begins to cautiously relax some of the COVID-19 restrictions, effective Wednesday, June 10th WCTFCU will begin to offer our Members select, in-branch services on an appointment only basis.
Protecting the health and safety of our Members and our staff, remains our top priority. In order to comply with state and federal directives, as well as CDC guidelines regarding COVID-19, there are certain restrictions we will all need to follow.
Please note the following protective measures will continue until further notice:
• Appointment Only. For the time being all in-branch visits must be scheduled in advance as appointments.
• Health Status. Please do not schedule an appointment/come to the branch if you have a fever, flu like symptoms or have been exposed to someone with COVID-19.
• Masks & Distancing. In accordance with state law, you MUST wear a face mask and follow social distancing guidelines when visiting a branch for an appointment. If you do not have a face mask, we will provide a paper one. There will be no exceptions to this policy for the foreseeable future.
• ID Required. For security purposes we may ask you to present ID and lower your face mask for proper identification prior to entering the building.
• No Loitering. We look forward to seeing you, and helping you with all your financial needs. Out of caution we encourage you to keep your visits as brief as possible and limit who comes into the (branch) to only those who need to be present.
Please note appointments will not be taken for:
• Withdrawals, deposits, transfers, loan or visa payments and loan applications.
• Cash Withdrawals can be done at an ATM, and our Drive-thrus.
• Deposits can be made through the WCTFCU ATMs, Drive-thrus, our branch Night-Drops, and mobile deposited through the WCTFCU App.
• Loan & Visa Payments can be made by mail, WCTFCU Night-Drops, our Drive-thrus, set up as a transfer through your online banking, and made as a bill pay from another bank to your WCTFCU loan.
• Transfers can be done through online banking, telephone banking (Call 24), and by calling a branch.
• Loan Applications can be done online 24/7, or call 800-992-2226, ext. 2077 during business hours.
Please remember that most transactions normally done with a Member Service representative can be easily completed online, by phone or by using our branch ATMs, WCTFCU App, Night-Drops & Drive-thrus.
Appointments for other matters may be made by calling the:
Middlebury Branch 203.758.9500 x2078 Danbury Branch 203.791.1117
Middlebury Loan Dept. 203.758.9500 x2077 Danbury Loan Officer 203.791.1117 x103
We will continue to monitor developments concerning COVID-19, and will update you via email, wctfcu.com, and social media regarding any changes to our status or procedures. Thank you for your patience during this evolving situation.
WCTFCU Remains Secure. Throughout our 86 year history we have weathered many challenges. We continue our unwavering commitment to our Members, staff and community while keeping you safe and informed. Thank you for being a valued Member of the Waterbury Connecticut Teachers Federal Credit Union family.
Chairman, Board of Directors
Sent via email Friday, 05.08.20
We are living and spending differently right now.
Here are a 8 ways to capture savings, and re-purpose & optimize your money today.
1) Auto Insurance Are you working from home instead of commuting. Contact your car insurance company & tell them your daily mileage has been reduced to zero. A lower daily mileage rate = a lower monthly premium = you pay less per month. Plus, many auto insurers are giving refunds & credits. Is yours?
2) Gas Savings If you are driving less, you are saving on gas fill-ups. Capture your savings from this smaller fuel expenditure and reassign it.
3) Memberships Whether it is a monthly gym fee, or a car wash monthly subscription... some services may be inaccessible to you right now. So, why are you still paying for them? Resume these subscriptions when you can actually use them again. In the meantime, cancel them. Save and re-purpose this found money.
4) Points to Cash Does your credit card offer points? Who needs airline miles now?! Turn your earned credit card points into cash, and apply that cash to your credit card balance or elsewhere.
5) Dining In Prior to this, you may have enjoyed a regular take-out lunch &/or gone out for dinner more frequently. Now you see significant savings in this area. Sure, you are buying more groceries (& TP when you can find it!). But, note this savings in your budget, and carefully apply it.
6) Gift Cards Today, that stash of gift cards for stores and restaurants is basically a pile of cash. Use them now for online shopping, holiday gift-buying, and restaurant take-out/curb-side pick up or delivery. If the establishment closes, your gift cards will be worthless.
7) Refi your car loan (no fees, from 2.75%APR*!). Why pay more interest than you have to for the same car's payments? Use our Auto Loan Refi Calculator, give us a call, or visit wctfcu.com for details.
8) Grooming Missing those regular mani/pedi's, hair cuts & color appointments? We all are! Yet, the savings adds up while we await the eventual mad rush to the salon. Until then step away from the Zoom video, and call-in with the audio-only option (lol).
This all adds up over 1-3 months, to some noteworthy, real-time found-money!
We are all spending differently now. Make sure you are not still spending on those services you cannot use at the moment. In fact, you may need to purchase different services right now; like a boosted wifi subscription!
Apply your found-money from this momentary savings, to your new/current needs, your debt, an emergency savings account or CD, or pre-pay to get ahead on next month's mortgage.
We are here! Visit wctfcu.com or call us to discuss ways you can save, reconfigure debt, and improve your home today with current specials from 3.00%APR*!
A different look at your usual budget will help you to adjust accordingly.
Your Credit Union *Annual Percentage Rate
Update Thursday, 04.09.20 11:18am
To our Waterbury CT Teachers FCU family,
We understand. These are uncertain and overwhelming times for many. WCTFCU is committed to doing everything we can to help you stay safe, manage your finances, and get the financial help you need.
You can rest assured, knowing that your money is secure with us. WCTFCU is federally insured by the National Credit Union Administration, and backed by the full faith of the United States government.
Your Credit Union is extremely well capitalized, financially strong, and well positioned to meet all of your financial needs.
Resources. In order to offer immediate assistance to our Members during this challenging time, WCTFCU has developed new resources, and made adjustments to standard resources; all of which are now available.
For complete details visit the WCTFCU COVID-19 Information page, and the Emergency Relief Resources page, on wctfcu.com.
1) ATM Withdrawals Daily cap increased to $750.
2) Share Accounts No transaction limits on regular Share (savings) Accounts.
3) Money Market Accounts No withdrawal limits on Money Market accounts.
4) Loan Late Fees For the month of April, WCTFCU has suspended charging late fees on all loans.
5) Visa Credit Card Late Fees For the month of April, WCTFCU has suspend charging late fees on all WCTFCU Visa Credit Cards.
6) Checking Account Overdraft Fees For the month of April, WCTFCU has suspended charging overdraft fees on checking accounts.
7) Loan Payment Relief Application Click here to apply for approval to skip your March, April, May &/or June 2020 payment(s) on your Auto Loan, Personal Loan, Graduate Studies Line of Credit, Visa Credit Card.
8) Emergency Relief Loan Application With a maximum of $3,000, and a maximum term of 12 months, the standard rate for this loan is 1.99% APR*. Payments are deferred for the first 60 days. Click here to apply.
9) Visa Credit Line Increase Application Click to securely apply to increase the credit line on your WCTFCU Visa Credit Card.
10) Visa Credit Card Application - 3 VISA® Credit Cards: Low Fixed Rates from 8%APR, & No Fees! Learn more about our Visa Credit Cards with our simple Compare Credit Cards Chart. Then, securely apply online for a WCTFCU Visa Credit Card.
11) Overdraft Protection Application Click to securely apply for this line of credit, which is designed to protect a checking account from overdrafts, while giving you increased buying power.
Available 24/7 for your secure convenience, to get cash, apply for a loan, deposit checks, check your balances, pay bills, access your statements, transfer funds and more:
• ATMs, Online Banking, the WCTFCU Mobile App, Telephone Banking (Call 24) and eStatements. Visit wctfcu.com for details.
• Deposits can be made through our App’s mobile check deposit, our 3 branch-based ATMs, and WCTFCU branch night-drops.
• Loan Payments may be made through WCTFCU branch night drops, set up as a transfer through your online banking, or as a bill pay from another bank to your WCTFCU Loan.
• Apply for a loan online 24/7 or call 800-992-2226, ext. 2077 during normal business hours.
Scam Phone Calls Never give account numbers, date of birth, or passwords to anyone who calls. WCTFCU never calls Members for this info & will never ask your password.
Cyber-criminal Scams Unfortunately times of crisis become a time of opportunity for criminal activity, especially cyber-criminals. Unsure about a link in an email? Hovering over links in an email will show the actual URL at the bottom, but a good fake can still steer you wrong. Only click on links in emails sent to you by those you trust.
Your Email Address & WCTFCU Updates. Are you using your work email address for your Credit Union emails? For your privacy, and to ensure you receive Credit Union alerts & communications; we suggest you use your personal email address (ex. gmail, yahoo, etc.). Simply update your email address, in your Online Banking profile, or call Member Services for assistance.
For complete details, and updates to WCTFCU services, visit this WCTFCU COVID-19 Information page, and the Emergency Relief Resources page, also here on wctfcu.com. Or call us at 800-992-2226.
Your Credit Union
* Annual Percentage Rate
UPDATE: Wednesday, March 18, 2020
Based upon the recently elevated health and safety measures, and for the health of our Members and employees, effective Monday, March 23 Branch Access will be limited to Drive-up only (no in-branch service).
We strongly encourage you to utilize one of the many resources available to you to get cash, apply for a loan, deposit checks, check your balances, pay bills, access your statements, transfer funds and more.
In order to help our Members during this challenging time, WCTFCU is now providing additional adjustments, services and products. Learn more on our new COVID-19 Emergency Relief Resources page at wctfcu.com. Furthermore, if you are facing a financial challenge, or are unable to make your loan payments due to COVID-19, please call us at 800-992-2226 x2079 or visit our COVID-19 Emergency Relief Resources page at wctfcu.com.
WCTFCU remains committed to providing our Members with uninterrupted service, and fully meeting your needs, even under these restricted operations. We have made all necessary preparations to ensure that WCTFCU policies, processes and infrastructure are securely in place; through off-site business services and support for an extended duration, if required.
Events note: Shred Hunger! and the Pre-Retirement Workshop have been postponed.
We will continue to monitor the evolving situation, and provide further updates as necessary to you by email &/or on our WCTFCU Covid-19 Information page @ wctfcu.com.
Jack Cronan Marty Misset
Board Chairman President / CEO
Thursday, March 12, 2020
As we all adjust to the evolving impact COVID-19 is having on our daily lives, WCTFCU’s top priorities remain the well-being of our Members and employees. We want to assure you that your funds are secure, and ensure that you can continue to use the Credit Union for all your financial needs during this uncertain time.
Be assured your Credit Union has planned for this type of situation and as part of our internal pandemic preparedness plan we have instituted steps to ensure we continue to fulfill your financial needs throughout this event. We are actively monitoring the information, recommendations and directives provided by the World Health Organization, Center for Disease Control and Federal, State and Local agencies. As developments occur, we will provide regular updates on our website wctfcu.com to inform you of any potential changes to services which may include limited access to our branch locations.
Please remember that it is not always necessary to visit a branch to conduct your business. Our free Online Banking, Mobile App, Telephone Banking system (Call 24), and ATMs are available 24/7. If you are not yet enrolled in our Online Banking or Telephone Banking system, we encourage you to do so now, in order to ensure uninterrupted access to WCTFCU services. Please call us at 203-758-9500 or 800-992-2226, our staff is available to assist you with access to whatever level of online technology and digital services you feel most comfortable. There are no fees or charges for these services. This is not intended to alarm you. Rather our intent is to help you prepare for a possible worst case scenario.
You can rest assured, knowing that your Credit Union is open for business. We are committed to you, our Members, and to helping you be prepared as this event continues to unfold. Take the steps now, so that you can optimize access to your funds, through our secure Online Banking, Mobile App & Telephone Banking as necessary.
The Board of Directors, Management and Staff of Waterbury CT Teachers Federal Credit Union thank you for your patience and understanding during these trying times. With your partnership, we all will get through this situation with little interruption or inconvenience.
Chairman of the Board
While you take care of your health:
We will continue to help you take care of your money.
Your 24/7 WCTFCU Resources: