Four Annual WCTFCU Scholarships
Every July, WCTFCU awards four (4) scholarships to WCTFCU Members who are exemplary graduating high school seniors, enrolled to begin college in the fall. Recipients are selected through an anonymous review of all applications, and a vote by the Scholarship Committee,
a subcommittee of the WCTFCU Board of Directors.
- 1 General 2-Year Scholarship
One 2- year Scholarship, granted at $2,000 per year, for the most outstanding student entering any field of study. Total grant is $4,000; initial $2,000 grant given at July ceremony, second (consecutive) year grant of $2,000 will be awarded based upon Freshman year GPA. Recipient must submit Spring 2020 Transcript and letter addressed to the Scholarship Committee for approval of renewal.
- 2 General 1-year Scholarships
Two $2,000 Scholarships for outstanding students entering any field of study
- 1 Jean O’Brien Memorial Scholarship for 4 years
This 4-year, $2,000 per year, scholarship is granted to one student who has committed to an Education Major and a career in education. The initial grant is given at the July Scholarship Ceremony. To receive the next 3 consecutive years' grants of $2,000 each; every spring, the recipient must submit their year-end college transcript showing that they have completed Education Major courses and maintained a satisfactory GPA. The transcript should be included with a letter written to the Scholarship Committee stating their continued commitment to an Education Major and pursuit of a career in education. (4 consecutive years = $8,000 per winner total grant, annually reviewed and awarded based upon GPA and continued Education major)
Student, Scholarship Applicant Guidelines:
Application Period: March 15 - May 15 at 5pm
- Student must personally be a WCTFCU Member. See Membership page for eligibility details.
- Graduate from High School in the spring of 2020 & begin College as a freshman in the fall of 2020.
- Prior to the May 15 11:59 pm deadline, complete the Application Form below, upload the following required documents, and submit herein (paper applications not accepted):
- Scholarship Application Form (below)
- Extracurricular Activities Resume (upload)
- Essay "What the WCTFCU Means To Me" (upload)
- A Senior Year Transcript (upload)
All Applicants (both scholarship recipients & non-recipients) will be notified in July as to the status of their Application.