Four Annual WCTFCU Scholarships
Every July, WCTFCU awards four (4) scholarships to WCTFCU Members who are exemplary graduating high school seniors, enrolled to begin college in the fall. Recipients are selected, through an anonymous review of all applications and a vote by the Scholarship Committee,
a subcommittee of the WCTFCU Board of Directors.
- 1 General Scholarship for 2 years
One 2- year Scholarship, granted at $2,000 per year, for the most outstanding student entering any field of study. Total grant is $4,000; initial $2,000 grant given at July ceremony, second (consecutive) year grant of $2,000 will be awarded based upon Freshman year GPA
- 2 General Scholarships for Freshman year
Two $2,000 Scholarships for outstanding students entering any field of study
- 1 Jean O’Brien Memorial Scholarship for 4 years
This 4-year, $2,000 per year, scholarship is granted to one student who has committed to a career in education. Initial grant given at ceremony. To receive the next 3 consecutive years' $2,000 grants; each spring, the recipient must submit their year-end college transcript, as proof that they are a full-time college student pursuing an education career, maintaining a satisfactory GPA. (4 consecutive years = $8,000 per winner total grant, annually reviewed and awarded based upon GPA and continued Education major)
Student, Scholarship Applicant Guidelines:
Application Period: March 15 - May 15 at 5pm
- Student must personally be a WCTFCU Member. See Membership page for eligibility details.
- Graduate from High School in the spring of 2019 & begin College as a freshman in the fall of 2019.
- Prior to the May 15 5pm deadline, complete the Application Form below, upload the following required documents, and submit herein:
- Scholarship Application Form (below)
- Extracurricular Activities Resume (upload)
- Essay "What the WCTFCU Means To Me" (upload)
- Latest Transcript (upload)
All Applicants (both scholarship recipients & non-recipients) will be notified in early July as to the status of their Application.