Five Annual WCTFCU Scholarships
In July, WCTFCU will award five (5) scholarships to exemplary WCTFCU Members who are graduating high school seniors, enrolled to begin college in the fall as incoming Freshmen at an accredited, not-for-profit college or university. Recipients are selected through an anonymous review of all applications, and a vote by the Scholarship Committee,
a subcommittee of the WCTFCU Board of Directors.
- 1 General Studies, 2-Year Scholarship
One 2- year Scholarship, granted at $2,500 per year, to the most outstanding student pursuing any field of study. Total grant is $5,000; initial $2,500 grant given at July ceremony, second (consecutive) year grant of $2,500 will be awarded based upon Freshman year GPA. Recipient must submit Spring 2021 Transcript, and letter addressed to the Scholarship Committee, for approval of renewal.
- 1 Waterbury Public High School Graduate, 1-Year Scholarship New in 2020, this 1-time $2,500 scholarship will be granted to an exemplary WCTFCU Member, Waterbury Resident, Graduating Senior of a Waterbury Public High School (Wilby, Kennedy, Crosby, Waterbury Arts Magnet School, Waterbury Career Academy).
- 2 General Studies, 1-year Scholarships
Two, 1-time $2,500 Scholarships for outstanding students pursuing any field of study.
- 1 Jean O’Brien Memorial Scholarship for 4 years
This 4-year, $2,500 per year scholarship is granted to one student who has committed to an Education Major and a career in education. The initial $2,500 grant is given at the July Scholarship Ceremony. To receive the next 3 consecutive years' grants of $2,500 each; every spring, the recipient must submit their year-end college transcript showing that they have completed Education Major courses and maintained a satisfactory GPA. The transcript should be accompanied by a letter, written to the Scholarship Committee, stating the student's continued commitment to an Education Major and pursuit of a career in education. (4 consecutive years = $10,000 total grant, per recipient)
Student, Scholarship Applicant Guidelines:
Application Period: March 15 - May 15 at 5pm
- Student must personally be a WCTFCU Member. See Membership page for eligibility details.
- Graduate from High School in the spring of 2020 & begin College as a freshman in the fall of 2020.
- Prior to the May 15 11:59 pm deadline, complete the Application Form below, upload the following required documents, and submit herein (paper applications not accepted):
- Scholarship Application Form (below)
- Extracurricular Activities Resume (upload)
- Essay "What the WCTFCU Means To Me" (upload)
- A Senior Year Transcript (upload)
All Applicants (both scholarship recipients & non-recipients) will be notified in July as to the status of their Application.